Ranch Chalet park is situated on part of the former KINDEACE ESTATE. This 7.500 acre estate was one of the most desirable sporting estates in Easter Ross. At one time the estate was giving employment to over sixty people and used to have its own school with no fewer than 70 pupils!
However in the late sixties the upcoming oil industry and the establishing of the big Nigg yard where the oilrigs were being build, the far bigger wages lured the workers away from the country side and with thus ever increasing running costs the writing for the estate was on the wall and in 1976 the estate came on the market and was eventually sold in bits and pieces.
We were fortunate enough to be able to buy a - very - small part of the estate. This 25 acres was for the biggest part what used to be a croft until around the 1920’s, the croft was called "The Little Ranch" and we thought it to be nice to keep part of this historic name alive. Over the years we managed to acquire surrounding bits of land and now the park measures about 200 acres.
Now, after thirty-five years, this bit of what was very rough ground has been transformed into an area of beauty which is not just enjoyed by ourselves but also by thousands of guests we have the pleasure of welcoming on our park. The fact that so many come again and again certainly is testimony to this.
In the meantime our family - the second and even some members of the third generation is now to a great extend involved in “running the show” - will do everything in their power to enhance the appearance of the park even further.
Personal touch is our “watchword” and we will do whatever we can to make sure our guests keep experiencing their stay as being home from home.